Online match/dating services such as EHarmony, Match.com, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, and numerous others abound, and with good reason– online dating has become an increasingly popular option for meeting new people. Online dating offers many benefits, such as that it can help you find romantic partners that might be compatible and can help you know more about the personality, values, and goals of a person before you decide to talk to him or her.
However, online dating can be a challenging and anxiety-provoking experience for many people. You might find yourself asking:
- Does my profile send the right message? Is it “me”?
- How do I express my interest in others?
- Why is no one contacting me? OR Why aren’t the people that are contacting me the type of people that I’m interested in?
- How do I know I’m ready to meet someone in real life, and how do I prepare for that experience?
- How do I manage my anxiety around meeting new people?
I am available to help you explore these questions and anxieties, along with any others that you may be having about your current or planned online dating experience. This exploration could be a standalone process– maybe it’s all that you want to work on with me. Or, this work can be part of a “bigger picture” therapeutic process– for example, perhaps you struggle with anxiety and would like to address this in therapy, but you also have an interest in pursuing online dating. I am open to either route, and the best way to know which option is for you is to contact me so that we can discuss specifically what you’re looking for and what you’re hoping to gain.